Friday, October 24, 2008

Terry Moore on the Related Recap

It's been about a month in the making, and was something we didn't want to spill until we were sure it would happen, but I just completed a 20-minute interview with Echo and Strangers in Paradise creator Terry Moore for The Related Recap! Originally proposed as a quickie interview to accompany a review of Echo: Moon Lake, Chuck and I knew as soon as he agreed that any conversation with Terry Moore had to happen on tape.

In the conversation, we talk about Echo, the challenges of running his own comic company, Moore's philosophy on collected editions (much more akin to the philosophy of most fans than you'll hear from any of the mainstream publishers, I assure you) and an upcoming deluxe, hardcover omnibus of Strangers in Paradise.

Moore was a genuinely friendly and soft-spoken man who seemed frankly flabbergasted when I told him that Chuck Moore and I considered Strangers in Paradise probably the greatest overall accomplishment in American comics. I'm already looking forward to the next time we can get him on the show!

No comments: