Saturday, April 19, 2008

New York Comic Con Update

The bad news:

Zach and I have had technical problems ranging from my computer to our home Internet, and it came during the Con, of course, which is the worst possible time becuase we don't have time to both stop to fix things AND cover our events. So we've covered the events and now things are trickling in slowly.

The good news:

We've got a LOT of great video footage coming up soon. Conscientious Sequentials and the Hot Shot of the Week should be up in special video format tonight/early tomorrow morning (before you wake up anyway) and they're a doozy--CS features an interview with Neal Adams about his weird science, and HS features Todd DeZago and Craig Rousseau, the creative team behind the wonderful Image title The Perhapanauts. BUY THEIR BOOK!

I've been getting a spot of work over at Newsarama, too. You can see the stories (the ones that are up so far) at:
The Grant Morrison Spotlight Panel
The Bryan Hitch Spotlight Panel

There will be stories based on both of those here soon; I promised Matt Brady that I wouldn't just take stuff he's paying for and spread it around the Internet, so I need to edit down, change around and stuff like that.

Probably my favorite comment of the day: "If I weren't here, you'd be shirtless!"

That was told to me by Kevin Maguire, longtime penciller on the Giffen-DeMatteis Justice League titles, upon noticing that I was wearing a JLI t-shirt he had done the artwork for.

Yeah, out of context the quote is funnier.

My YouTube channel is also picking right up. We've got stuff from the X-Files panel, stuff from Grant Morrison, plus the CS and HS stuff going up there tonight. Maybe more; a lot will depend on our editing timeframe. But check out the channel, and Chuck will be updating as long as we're sending him content on the front page.

A little taste.

No comments: