Monday, March 3, 2008

Upcoming Conscientious Sequentials Columns

Today was a big day.  Two major interviews before 3pm.  Talked to Ted Rall, creator of the comic strip Search & Destroy and author of the graphic novel Silk Road to Ruin; then, later in the day, had a great conversation with Anthony Lappe, writer of the graphic novel (and upcoming TV-movie) Shooting War.

As always, the columns will go up at ComicRelated and my Guerilla News Network blog, and then be posted here two weeks later, but I wanted to tease them a little here:

"After years of everyone telling me graphic novels were going to be huge, I really started to take it seriously about six months ago...," Rall said.

"No major candidate is going to get us out of Iraq," Lappe says matter-of factly.  "I think it's going to be a rude wake-up call for a lot of lefties when Obama gets elected and then come 2011 (which is when Shooting War is set, really), we're still bogged down."

No comments: