Tuesday, February 5, 2008

A few minutes before work

A few minutes before work today, and I wanted to bring some joy into your life and a little shameless self-promotion into my own.

First of all, the old Captain Internet comic that was on the previous page? If you didn't want to download all those individual pages and/or were put off by the hugeness of it in your browser, I've uploaded it in a digital comic book (CBZ) format on my FreeWebTown file hosting site. You can download it here. The CBZ/CBR format is basically a renamed ZIP file, which can be opened and enjoyed using a comic book ebook reader like CDisplayComical or Comic Rack.

Second, I've officially decided to start up a biweekly comics column at Comic Related. The press release can be found here. The column will be called "Conscientious Sequentials," it will cover political and topical comics and the first review/interview will be with Matt Silady, writer/artist of the terrific graphic novel The Homeless Channel, which was my pick for best original graphic novel last year. Look for it Friday or Monday.

Okay, off to the day job.

No comments: